Retreats & Groups
Replenish Retreat is a retreat designed especially for therapists.
This is a retreat to connect with other Counsellors, Therapists, Psychologists, Hypnotherapists, Coaches and Psychotherapists. Regardless of your modality, our aim is to provide a safe space where you can learn from each other, pull back, relax and have some fun. You will also develop new skills which will enhance your work and enable you to be the best version of YOU.
YOU WILL EXPEREINCE PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT WHILST ON RETREAT, AND YOU WILL GAIN YOUR ONGOING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT POINTS!!
A unique experience to invest in your whole well-being whilst gaining 20 OPD/CPD points via the following professional development opportunities:
Working with your clients to rewire their brain and change their life.
Meditation and Mindfulness
How to incorporate Meditation and Mindfulness into your clinical practice
Gestalt approach to working with phenomenology, awareness and from a Field perspective (with guest presenter, Phil Oldfield)
Via a process group, which includes empty chair work and experiential exercises
Stress and the impact it has on the body
Learn ways to engage the parasympathetic nervous system as well as have an embodied experience of calming your nervous system down.
Resource Therapy - (optional session)
Working with your clients using Resource therapy techniques. Learn the basics of this powerful and transformational therapy. This short session is practical, interactive and will provide you with immediate and effective techniques for resourcing your clients.
As therapists we are constantly holding space for others. This can have an effect on your overall well-being. Replenish Retreat provides the opportunity for you to share your experiences with other therapists and care for your own needs. We are all seeking better health, a better way of being.
Give yourself the gift of time away from life’s demands. We will support you in a calming environment to check in with yourself. To take time to recharge, take stock and make changes to enrich your life. At Replenish Retreat each part of your system – your mind, body and soul - will be nourished so that when you leave you will feel more refreshed and have a clearer vision of your life purpose and passion.
Date to be announced. Please contact Tamika for further information
Reaching out is the first step - Take the step today!
If you think that your relationship could benefit from openly communicating about any unresolved issues, conflict or disconnection, contact me today. Do not allow things to be swept under the carpet or continue avoiding what is happening until it is too late, contact me today.
Taking this first step is the beginning of your journey towards a more loving, healthy, connected and respectful relationship.
Build Strength together- Process Groups
An opportunity to connect, communicate feelings, share and heal with others.
Group therapy is a positive and healing environment where you can discover how you are in relation to others. Group therapy is a social microcosm and often a re-enactment of the primary family. Group members listen and learn from each other.
Previous group members have reported the following benefits of group therapy:
- Discovering and accepting previously unknown or unacceptable parts of myself.
- Being able to say what is bothering me instead of holding it in.
- Other members telling me honestly what they think of me.
- Learning how to express my feelings.
- The group taught me about the impression I make on others.
- Learnt to take responsibility for the way I live my life.
Other benefits of being part of a process group are:
- Feelings of belonging
- Feeling safe and supported to release emotions
- Building self-awareness
- Identifying and changing any dysfunctional patterns or roles you played in primary family.
When: Fortnightly – Tuesday evenings from 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Where: 3/360 Matcham Road, Matcham
Monthly Group Supervision
If you are:
- Currently running your own practice and need a place to explore some of the more challenging experiences with your clients?
- Starting out in your own practice and would like to feel connected and supported with other therapists?
- Looking for feedback and direction with your client work?
- Looking for support and connection with other like-minded therapists where you can stretch, explore and develop your skills.
- If you answered yes to any of the above, this group is suitable for you. This monthly group is open to all Counsellors and Psychotherapists. Not only is this an opportunity to learn through each other’s work, it is an affordable way to receive supervision.
What to expect in the monthly supervision groups:
- Discussion around client work/therapeutic issues and approaches.
- Reflection on self in the therapeutic process.
- Learn more on issues of transference/counter-transference and projection.
- Ability to present clinical issues around your client.
- Connection and networking with colleagues.
- Discussion on case studies
Structure of the group:
- Brief check in
- Look at personal goals for:
- Setting up your practice
- Self care
- Balance between work and play
- Challenging yourself
- Being accountable to the group
- Discuss individual client work
- Discuss personal concerns that may be impacting upon your client work
- Experiential work/demonstration (time permitting and if required)
When: Limited to 6 spaces, early registration advised. When you join the group you reserve your space for 6 months at a time.
Where: 3/360 Matcham Road, Matcham
About your facilitator:
Masters Gestalt (GTS), Grad Dip Counselling (ACAP), Adv Dip Gestalt Psychotherapy (TGI) , Dip Clinical Hypnotherapy (HTA), Resource Therapist (RTI), Cert IV Training and Assessment.
Clinical member PACFA, GANZ & AHA
I am a Wellbeing Coach, facilitator and trainer, holding qualifications in Gestalt Psychotherapist, Counselling, Resource Therapy, Hypnotherapy and as a supervisor. I have many years’ experience as a therapist and trainer. As a trainer and educator I have supervised many students and therapists and have taught Gestalt Psychotherapy and counselling courses through Terrigal Gestalt Institute, Hypnotherapy Training Australia and the Australian College of Applied Psychology.
With my qualifications and experience, I offer supervision using a wide variety of approaches, including Gestalt, Hypnotherapy, Resource therapy, integrating body oriented approach, visualisation, mindfulness and experiential exercises.
I offer you my knowledge, wisdom and accrued experience of working in private practice, being on faculty with the Petrea King Quest for Life Foundation, as well as being a co founder and director for the Centre for Integrated Trauma Therapy.