Gestalt Therapy is....
As a Gestalt therapist, Tamika works to understand how you are in relationship to others, while bringing awareness of past, present and future hopes and how this impacts upon current experiences.
About choice and flexibility
The goal is for you to become aware of what you are doing, how you are doing it, and how you can change, and at the same time, to learn to accept and value yourself.
Present centered awareness
Tamika promotes self-awareness and focuses on how you support yourself and others. The key focus is on supporting you to relate, embody and live in the here and now.
Working in a creative and experiential way
Tamika works intuitively with your present experience and is highly creative and flexible, while concentrating on the process. Profound shifts are possible by using a collaborative and experiential approach.
Gestalt Psychotherapy can support you to:
- Gain a better understanding of how your emotional and physical bodies are connected.
- Understanding the internal self is the key to understanding actions, reactions and behaviours.
- Take the first step into awareness so you can acknowledge patterns of behaviour.
- Empower you with the skills necessary to face stressful situations.
- Become more accepting of yourself and others
- Improve communication skills
- Feel more self-confident, calm and at peace.
- Managing tension, depression, anxiety, addiction, post-traumatic stress and other psychological challenges that prevent you from achieving a free and fulfilling life.
Gestalt Psychotherapy will help with:
- Anxiety or excessive worry
- Grief and Loss
- Life crisis and changes
- Relationship challenges
- Marital issues
- Addictive patterns of behaviour
- Anger issues – overactive or suppressed expression of anger
- Eating disorders
- Low self-esteem or sense of self
From Tamika’s vast experience, she has found that almost anyone will benefit from Gestalt Psychotherapy. Tamika is a compassionate, caring and supportive Gestalt Therapist will support you to overcome limiting obstacles that have held you back from leading a full and healthy life.
Reaching out is the first step - Take the step today!
If you think that your relationship could benefit from openly communicating about any unresolved issues, conflict or disconnection, contact me today. Do not allow things to be swept under the carpet or continue avoiding what is happening until it is too late, contact me today.
Taking this first step is the beginning of your journey towards a more loving, healthy, connected and respectful relationship.